Quality Solar without Compromise
Reaping significant solar savings doesn’t mean skimping on quality. Salt Lake Community Solar is committed to quality solar without compromise, and Steering Committee members spearheaded a rigorous contractor selection process to help ensure quality solar for all participants. The Steering Committee issued a formal Request for Proposals (RFP) to local, regional, and national solar installers (all applicants had to meet minimum qualification requirements to be eligible for consideration). Voting members of the Steering Committee reviewed and scored all nine bids. Based upon the merits of their proposals, the top four highest-scoring bidders were invited to be interviewed by the SLCS Steering Committee. A final contractor was selected and a Memorandum of Understanding was executed between the contractor and the members of the Steering Committee, formalizing the commitment to quality assurance and accountability.
Commitment to Quality
The official SLCS-selected contractor is committed to providing quality solar installations, with applicable warranties for labor and materials, at a discounted rate for all SLCS participants:
- Labor: 18 month labor warranty on installed systems.
- Typical Product Warranties (participants will have the choice of three different product options (that vary by price and place of origin) and specific warranty info is available on each product spec sheet, available upon request):
- 25-year PV module warranty- Performance warranty offered by PV manufacture.
- 10 - 25-year inverter warranty- Inverter warranty offered by inverter manufacture.
- Roof Warranties: The contractor has not encountered many situations in which the installations or materials have an effect on roof warranties; however if a project has special requirements, the selected contractor will provide a solution on an individual basis.
- Licensed and North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified installers
- Complete design build firm with an in-house Engineering team capable of addressing all relevant code issues.